I missed one step in the summary re setting up sparc lab. I must be
out of my mind these days. Thanks to netters who pointed it out.
So here we go again.
The procedure to duplicate the sparcstations is as follows:
(1) install one SS1 as source machine.
(2.1) bring up target machine as diskless client.
(2.2) move the target disk to the source machine as a 2nd disk.
(3) (option) format the target drive
(4) (option) partition the target drive
(5) newfs each file system
(6) copy source file system to target drive:
mount target file system to /mnt, dump/restore the souce/target
or use 'dd'.
(7) mount the target file system to make necessary changes.
>>(8) run installboot on boot drive.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:05:55 CDT