I've found out what was the cause of my group access problem.
I followed the advice I received to check the group file and it
was OK. I tried newgrp - command and finally did what I should
have done at the beginning - checked the group of the directory
and (blush!! shame !!) it was daemon instead of the proper
group the of the owner. Thanks to:
email@example.com (John Ellsworth)
Salvatore Saieva <firstname.lastname@example.org>
email@example.com (Peter Allan)
mona@szechuan.UCSD.EDU (Mona Wong)
Tom Orban <firstname.lastname@example.org>
email@example.com (Adam Fox)
who replied to my query and to all others for not flaming
me for my stupidity.
-- Chris A. Wozniak TISC Inc.
ph. +61 9 386 8236 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org fax +61 9 386 6589
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:09:17 CDT