SUMMARY: Connecting printers to terminal servers...
Well there weren't too many replies, but here they are in order of
preference (what I think is most useful).
- Pick up nd/tcpcon package from archive.su.oz.au. I took a look at the
software, but have not installed it yet. The README says that it can
make telnet connections look like direct lines to serial devices which
is just about what I need. This looks the most promising right now.
I will be testing it shortly.
- Xylogics Annex servers come with a program called rtelnet which
establishes connections between serial ports on the annex and ptys
on the hosts. This sounds very useful, but is vendor specific...
- Fair success with Racal-Interlan NTS200, but experienced slow
telnet initiations and needed custom print filter. This box
serves the same purpose from VMS/LAT.
- I also had a couple of replies that addressed this issue from a
VMS/LAT perspective, but didn't include them here because I don't
think it is pertinent/appropriate.
- Bridge CS100 and Printronix printer, minor problems - no details.
email@example.com (Bob Bookbinder)
ccw@deakin.OZ.AU (Craig Warren)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Alex Dupuy)
email@example.com (Chris Maio)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Steve Rumsby)
email@example.com (Chet Edelman)
firstname.lastname@example.org (John Marsh)
email@example.com (Andy Feldt)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Dan Butzer)
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:06:14 CDT