Turns out I had a filesystem that did *not* have quotas
on it, but had a directory created in its root called
quotas. edquota checks *all* mounted filesystems - not
just those mounted with the rq option, for *any* kind of
"quotas" - file or directory - and assumes it applies.
I'm using quotas on 2 of my home filesystems. In attempting to up the quota for a user yesterday, I discovered that "edquota <any-username>" now returns the following error:
quotactl: open: Is a directory
quota -v, quotacheck, and requota all return accurate results. The quotas files exist (perms: 600), and seem ok.
I don't remember the last time I ran edquota, but probably within the past month, and it functioned fine.
A FREE web-based e-mail service brought to you by the PC World Technology Network. Get your FREE account today at http://www.myworldmail.com
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:14:06 CDT