Thanks go to : Ray Delaney Roy Culley Gary Merinstein Steven Xiao Bruce
R. Zimmer Chad Price David Horowitz Parks Fields
Here was what I've done and it worked perfectly.
Switching from NIS+ to files client.
1. Boot machine into single user mode (to avoid any NIS+ activity)
2. Move /var/nis directory to s.g else: mv /var/nis
3. Make backup of nsswitch.conf and copy nsswitch.files onto new
cp /etc/nsswitch.files /etc/nsswitch.conf
4. Modify /etc/hosts /etc/resolv.conf and
/etc/defaultdomain if the you're changing machine's IP address, domain and
4. Reboot the machine. Now it is no longer a NIS+ client, just a
local files configuration.
Switching back to NIS+
Reverse the process above.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:13:20 CDT