Thanks to all whom respondedto me.
The problem was in the sendmail.cf file. The option to turn on DNS
lookup was removed for some reason.
# Turn on the DNS name look up
OI <===== was removed
As most of you suggested, I upgraded to 8.9.2 .
The original message :
> I installed solaris 2.6 (5/98) with the latest patches last month
> without any problems. Last 3 days I can=B4t send e-mail to some
> for example, I can=B4t send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, but I can
> the e-mail to email@example.com (i.e the full domain name).the
> same thing for many sites. I checked with my ISP but they don=B4t any
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:13:14 CDT