Jason Williamson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
hxktb0@svho1nfs_1.supervalu.com (Kris Briscoe)
"Cecil Pang" <email@example.com>
Jose Enrique Diaz Jolly <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Should I put user home dir in /home or /export/home?
Solaris 2.5/DNS/small network.
1) I used Auto Layout during installation, so root is small (14M). That is
a good thing anyway.
2) System is using automouter, so I /home is a mount point. I will not be
able to create directories under /home
3) Use /export/home -- I have to create the user directory manually
4) Leave defaults in useradd alone, so logical user home is at /home/username
5) Add automount entry for each user home in /etc/auto_home
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:11:49 CDT