The "final" words about 'file descriptors' limitations:
1. Under plain Solaris 1.x the hard limit is 256.
(The OS supports up to 256 open file descriptors per process)
2. The file descriptor limit can't be set in the kernel config file.
3. You cannot change the NOFILE paramter unless you have the kernel source code. ;-(
4. With SunDBE (Sun Database Excelerator) the limit will grow up to 1024 !
- Run SunDBE if you must increase the file descriptors limit higher than 256 !
Thanks to the following people:
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:11:04 CDT