Here's a summary to my question :
> We are looking to connect a flatbed scanner (preferably colour, A3, 600dpi;
> even more preferably something like a HP ScanJet 4c..) to Solaris 2.4.
> The idea is to use it with PhotoShop 3.0.
Thanks for all the responses:
1. Several people are using a photoshop plug-in from Mentalix (producers of
1700 Alma Drive
Plano, TX 75075
Phone:  MENTALX
FAX:  423-1145
Int'l: Mr. Gareth Jones (for all EEC inquiries)
Mentalix Europe, Ltd.
26 Coxwell Road
SN7 7EZ England
2. Also favourably mentioned was OpenScan software from Apunix in San Diego
("Unix based scanners are their business. We have had good success and service from this company."):
www.apunix.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
or Susan Fenley 619-495-9229 x104
or Jim Rowan 619 495 9230 x102
3. Also mentioned was EasyScan software from MicroTek for use with their
ScanMaker II scanners (use with HP scanners not confirmed). contact
email@example.com for more details.
4. firstname.lastname@example.org reports another driver :
"We've had a number of people hook up this SCSI scanner with our generic
SCSA driver. We haven't taken the changes back, so there will be some
work involved to get it going. If you're interested please let me know."
5. I didn't hear of any public domain drivers.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:10:56 CDT