I received many suggestions on what may have been the problem regarding the
L-function keys not working on my SparcStation. First of all, many people
kindly pointed out to me I did not say what windowing system I was using.
Oooops, we are using SunView. The first suggestion I received worked, and
that was to edit .defaults and set Input SunViewKeys to Yes. Other suggestions
included, but not tried since the first worked:
* Check for a .ttyswrc file in the user's home directory. (I assume this may
have key bindings if we had such a file.)
* Check for Caps-Lock on. (Popular suggestion, but we would have noticed that
* Rebooting was another popular suggestion.
* Try "reset" or "input_from_defaults"
* Check to see if the user has changed the window manager
initialiazation files, like .twmrc (the tab window manager
under X windows).
* Look at the kb(4m) section of the manual, to help determine how the keys
napier@ames.UCSD.EDU (Jim Napier)
Shankar Ishwar (email@example.com)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Bill Selig - SysAdmin)
fsg!skipsun!skip@uunet.UU.NET (Skip Gilbrech)
"John R. Kilheffer" <amp19263%garfield.amp.com@RELAY.CS.NET>
Ken Rossman <email@example.com>
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:06:10 CDT