The automounter in SunOS 4.0.3 apparently has problems with
wildcard/substitution characters ("*" and "&").
I had been successfully running automounter for 4 months until
I added a new map that used "*" and "&". This started causing
automounter to dump core on occasion.
I've removed the "*" and "&" my maps and things have looked good
for the last 5 days.
I am running this on Sun3, Sun4s and Solbournes with OS revisions
4.0.3[c], 4.0D and a couple of test 4.1 machines.
All the maps are distributed via NIS, automount is started using
the NIS map auto.master, and all the maps are indirect.
Several people pointed to the 4.1/4.1.1 as being much more robust.
We are currently working on our plans to do the upgrade.
I am also currently exploring using amd. It has several nice
features like "selectors", allowing more control on how automounting
Special thanks to Lee Vrieze (firstname.lastname@example.org) for
comming up with the suggestion that solved the problem..
Thanks to (I may have a lost a couple):
email@example.com (Lee Vrieze)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Peter Galvin)
email@example.com (Roberto Gomez)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Rob Thurlow)
-- Arnold de Leon email@example.com Synopsys Inc. (415) 962-5051 1098 Alta Ave. Mt. View, CA 94043
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:06:09 CDT