>From article <9101092218.AA22964@nisc.jvnc.net>, by aggarwal@NISC.JVNC.NET (Vikas Aggarwal):
- A pretty comprehensive collection of patches for SunOS's are available via
- anonymous FTP from:
- nic.funet.fi in pub/unix/sun
- princeton.edu in pub/sun-fixes
- A couple of people mentioned that they spoke to Sun regarding this, and
- the reply they got from Sun was that "they can only have patches when
- they find a problem, because some patches clash and need fine tuning
- depending on the hardware and software". All I have to add to this is
- that Sun better get its act together before people start weighing the
- support disadvantages against the hardware advantages.
I would like to ask about legal issues: As far as i know, patches from
sun are only available (in general) to mainenance contract customers,
and not to the general public. Is this information that i have correct ?
Toerless Eckert | /C=de/A=dbp/P=uni-erlangen/OU=informatik/S=eckert 50GB/M limit: NO MERCY | X.400 ^ Internet> firstname.lastname@example.org
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Fri Sep 28 2001 - 23:06:09 CDT